ProClip for the iPad is out

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by poppe, May 14, 2010.

1. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

Hey guys,

I, like many on here have been wanting an iPad in car solution, and I just got emailed this from ProClip:

Sadly it puts the iPad in the awkwardest position for my mustang, but hopefully everyone else has better luck.

2. T4R06 macrumors 65816

i have already a mount bought to them for my garmin. its seems to be impossible to put on my 135i. they are referring to the exact position where my mount located.. i have a apple case and the cord solution did the trick.

3. FunkyMonkCP macrumors member

FunkyMonkCP

I have the adjustable width mount for my iPhone 3G and it's one of the best accessories I ever bought. I'm not sure if I want to go with my iPad mounted on the dash, might be a huge distraction for me. Also, when I get a case for my iPad, I'm not sure how that is going to work (probably won't). Proclip mounts are excellent though. Oh, it also says "steal me" if you leave it in the car.

4. jtara macrumors 65816

I'm skeptical. I thought about this, as I have a ProClip for my iPhone, but I don't see how the vehicle clip (at least in my case - Mini Cooper) could hold the weight. Guess it depends on where/how your vehicle clip mounts. Should be OK with a bolt-on one, but I don't see the little clip I have have that just clips into the glove box holding it.

Oh, and then add the dual-mount adapter to mount your iPad and iPhone side by side... Really?

Does anyone know what the "monitor mount" part of the second version of this is?

They show one version with a ball swivel, and another (in black or white) which they call "standard holder and monitor mount". WTF?

Anyway, I got the RAM mount. Will probably annoy passengers, but at least the iPad isn't going to fall into their lap.

5. bjobes macrumors regular

Kids and a nagging wife I'd like to just remove all the seats in the car. Problem solved.:D

6. ovrlrd macrumors 65816

ovrlrd

I have the ProClip in my car for my iPhone, it works great but there is no way I would trust it with the weight of the iPad. Plus the positioning would be completely wrong anyway for my car and would be too distracting while driving, even just for navigation. I think I prefer the small size of the iPhone and the current mounting position for it, works great.

7. shrek4224 macrumors newbie

Could be the best quote ever!

8. poppe thread starter macrumors 68020

poppe

Concour

9. Mr. Biggles macrumors 6502

I own two pro-clips, and their products are well made and thought out.

With that being said, neither of my car clips could accommodate this bracket based on location alone. The weight of the iPad and the stress on where I have the mounts located would result in a fail. The only mount I don't have is for the console, and with a six speed manual shift, that just won't work.

I pre-ordered the RAM bracket with the seat rail mount instead.

[​IMG]

10. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

I preordered the same one.

I can't wait for it to come.

11. racer1441 macrumors 68000

Link please???

12. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

You'll have to keep us posted on how it works out with a passenger in that seat...

13. wilsons66604 macrumors newbie

iPad proclip mount

I just installed the mount in my car (2007 camry). I already had a mount for the iPhone so I bought the swivel version along with the "move" adapters. Now I can just slip the iPad mount off the base when not in use.
    The mount is great, I may be interested in the desktop stand to go along with this.
    "move" adapters are a must

14. iPadlover2 macrumors newbie

15. Fanatik7 macrumors member