Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sunday888

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Silicon Valley
Does anyone have any experience with ProClip? This iPhone holder just became available.

ProClip is a two-part mounting system, with car-specific mount that accepts a device-specific holder. On the surface, it looks like exactly what I've been looking for--a way to hold the iPhone upright, secure, and close to my left hand. Anyone used ProClip for any other device? Is the mounting system any good?

D1G1T4L

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Does anyone have any experience with ProClip? This iPhone holder just became available.

ProClip is a two-part mounting system, with car-specific mount that accepts a device-specific holder. On the surface, it looks like exactly what I've been looking for--a way to hold the iPhone upright, secure, and close to my left hand. Anyone used ProClip for any other device? Is the mounting system any good?

Top notch company! I have used them for several different cars I've owned from satellite radio, GPS, and Cell phone holders and they have always been great.

Now with that said. I haven't use them in a few years so they MIGHT have changed but they did in the past require to drill some holes in the dash. In the past that hadn't been a problem because the holes I had to put in the dash were hidden anyway. Just wanted to throw that out as a warning if you are worried about doing anything to your car.

It also depends on the mount style you decide to go with. I do know they offered vent clips , cup and other styles but I have only used the type that you secured to the dash and have been very pleased with them.

All in all don't be afraid with the company if you find what you want with them . They have been around for awhile and make quality products.

royler

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2007
i got one of those. i didnt use the 2 part system but it works just fine and the holder itself is great. It fits the phone perfectly.

i put some pictures up here

ClicOn

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2009
ProClip = ClicOn

Hi, I've been selling these in Australia for ages under their name here "ClicOn" The apple iPhone holders are probably the most popular ones we've seen.

It sounds as though a couple of you have bought just the "holder" part and not the dashmount part. For an ideal No Holes installation, you would need to buy 2 parts. One for your Device, and another for your Vehicle.

Proclip and ClicOn source their holders from the same factory in Sweden and the design is clean, simple and practical as you would expect from a european product.

Not trying to advertise, just let you know. you can see them at our website here or ask me a question about it here Obviously the market in Australia is a Right Hand Drive Market so I may not be able to sell US customers any products, but I could help you find someone who can, and answer your questions all the same.

390kwt

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2008
installed this last week. both parts of the 2-part system in a chevy. powerjolt for power

HPIM3078.JPG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.