ProClip iPhone 4 Dashboard Mount

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by a3silver, Jul 30, 2010.

1. a3silver macrumors member

I picked up the ProClip iPhone 4 dashboard mount, works well if anyone is looking for a similar mounting solution. They use a two part system, a clip specific to your vehicle + a device mount. They have a few iPhone 4 specific mounts, I went with the Adjustable Mount w/ pass Through connection. It was a bit pricy ($110) for both the clip and the mount, but it's a very custom result. I'm pleased, handy for using the Tom Tom app.

Pictures below (installed in my Audi A3). The charger's not included, I had that already.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jarenado macrumors regular

jarenado

very cool mount. even cooler is the band playing on the stereo

3. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

I really like their products, but they completely ruin it by plastering stickers of their company all over the product.

4. Kentobentos macrumors member

Aye it's nice, but kinda spendy.

5. CapitalTee macrumors newbie

How does the phone fit in landscape mode?
    does it feel safe or could it possibly fall out since theres no horizontal support?

6. Khryz macrumors 6502a

This looks like one of the better solutions until TomTom updates their Car Kit for the iPhone 4 (which I'm waiting for).

7. FieldingMellish Suspended

You would figure for that advertising on the product, they wouldn't gouge the customer with their prices that are four times the cost of the competition with no noticeable advancement.

8. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

9. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

But 20x the quality of anything else out there. You get what you pay for.

10. a3silver thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I have to peel those off.. Should have done that before I installed it.

11. a3silver thread starter macrumors member

And the car-specific clip, it was curved perfectly to match the where it contacted in the dash and the radio. I've used these in previous cars, always great quality but really expensive. I never saw the need with my 3G, but using the GPS on the 4 makes it worthwhile..

12. a3silver thread starter macrumors member

They have different mounts, I went with the adjustable one that you could use with a skin / case attached. They say you can't use that model with the Bumper case, I suspect this is an issue with the dock connector opening being so small on the bumper rather than a lack of adjustment. I think they sell a bumper-specific model.

You have to play with it a bit so it's adjusted to hold securely but not limit insertion / removal. Seems to be very secure, and it's docked so there's some resistance from the dock connection as well.

13. FieldingMellish Suspended

20 times the quality? In what way?

14. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

The same way Chevy differs from a Jag.

15. Sharkzilla macrumors newbie

And what about your charger? Brodit? Do you like it? Do you notice any buzz/interference when playing music with it?

16. Sharkzilla macrumors newbie

oh I see now Brodit is the passthrough connection part?

17. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Really? I haven't honestly seen any competition for this company. If you know of some, dude... let us know! :D

Is it the same material underneath the sticker? Does it look the same?

Yup. Way too much.

18. a3silver thread starter macrumors member

I was using a Kensington Liquid Aux.. but the charger wouldn't keep a good connection in the lighter, i'd have to futz with it all the time. I switched to one of those low-profile USB chargers. I mostly listen to the sat radio in the car anyway..

Also my 12v's and the line in are under the armrest so everything has to route there.

19. a3silver thread starter macrumors member

Yeah it's the same under the stickers, I took them all off, easy to remove.

20. a3silver thread starter macrumors member

Brodit's the brand, I guess, I ordered all of this from ProClip.

21. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

I have a different part, the passthru holder for naked iPhone 4. It is tight enough that I don't worry in the slightest about it slipping out.

It is simply rock solid. The way it attaches to the car is totally custom, based on the design of your interior and optimized for the most secure and visible position. And their holders are very secure, well designed and they fit perfectly. It's a flawless product. Can't say that about too many things.

I believe Brodit is the manufacturer and Proclip is the brand name we're familiar with.

Attached Files:

22. a3silver thread starter macrumors member

That decal is crazy..

Agree 100%, great quality and clips are a custom fit that you can't get elsewhere. Wait, I could have gotten the sh#tty $600 audi iPod connection, which would lock it up in the glovebox.

I would have preferred to mount it like that, up on the vent but my vents are pretty small on this car.. That's a jetta, right?

23. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

Thanks...check my sig :D

GTI. Noiser than your Audi but I'm loving it.

24. oghowie macrumors 6502a

oghowie

Like who? These are custom fit solutions for your car. Not a one size fits all mount.

25. a3silver thread starter macrumors member

GTI's are sweet, I needed 4-doors. I love how they call the GTI a 'hot-hatch' on Top Gear.. totally appropriate.