Proclip Mount + Otterbox = Best Mount/Case EVER!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Walter Bell, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Walter Bell macrumors regular

Here is a picture:

[​IMG]

It is perfect. The case slides in and out super easy, and it is a blast to have right there. Very sturdy and doesn't bounce around at all.

2. scott99 macrumors 6502a

3. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

I've been looking for something for my vette. ProClip is up on my computer but I needed some real-life testimonials! Thanks!

4. bstpierre macrumors 6502

I have the ProClip for my Jeep and iPhone. I got the pass through connector and the tilt-swivel head.

[​IMG]
    (Image from ProClip's website)

I find the swivel head needs tightening from time to time but the viewing angle would be wrong without it. I have the clip with the extra piece to hold the phone in (it is a Jeep) although the fit is snug enough that it probably isn't needed.

I use the Kensington LiquidAUX for iPhone (http://us.kensington.com/html/14492.html) which plugs into the cigarette lighter and has a wire for the aux-in port and a wire with a dock connector. It also has a wireless remote that mounts on the steering wheel.

5. R0tten macrumors newbie

i want one!

hey man! What is the item number of the "Device Holder" you have that worked with the otterbox/iphone?!

Thanks in advance!

6. donmontalvo macrumors newbie

donmontalvo

Ditto...I'm running a Proclip that holds the naked iPhone. My ride is a Honda CR-V 2002 LX. It took about an hour to set things up, including running the cable through the enclosure in the center console. Since the images were taken, I've tucked the wire into the hole so it doesn't dangle there.

The problem...I have to take my iPhone out of it's case before I can slide it into the Proclip. What a hassle. The original poster has the answer to our dreams! I would *love* to buy an Otterbox case and have it slide into a Proclip "Device holder". Not sure if I'd go with the all-black Ottocase...maybe the black/yellow? :)

I looked through the Proclip catalog and don't see anything like it. My guess, the original poster bent his holder to accommodate the Otterbox case. Heck....if that's the case, I'm more than willing to do it!

Don Montalvo, TX

Attached Files:

7. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

Hey your car is the gti right? Love the car. Post pics of the instead of the iphone :p LOL

8. donmontalvo macrumors newbie

donmontalvo

Here's the clip that is compatible with the Otterbox:

http://www.proclipusa.com/brodit-de...ble-holder-with-tilt-swivel-875214-17526.aspx

"This Adjustable Holder with Tilt Swivel was originally designed for the Apple iPhone and iPod Touch using a shield, skin or case including the OtterBox defender case."

I broke down and bought an Otterbox, but only after I found the Otterbox compatible Proclip piece.

Don Montalvo, TX

9. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

It's too bad proclip charges so much. I love this. :(

10. tiresias314 macrumors member

I have the Otterbox on my iPhone 3G, and while I love the security it provides, I really hate that it cannot dock with ANYTHING!! No alarm clocks, no iPhone docks, no stereos, nada. The ProClip HOLDS the Otterbox, and you can use the standard iPhone USB cable to charge it, but that's where it ends.

Protection at a price or convenience, I guess.

11. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

12. Mpjohnny5 macrumors newbie

That could also be the new golf (ive got 2010 golf tdi) same interior. Gotta love the iphone integration with the stock headunit.

13. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i love the proclip for my car. works very well.. only thing is the screw in the middle of the mount gets loose over time so it needs adjusting so the holder doesnt swivel easlily when in use.