iPad Pro Procreate app how to?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jbizzybeetle, Nov 21, 2015.

1. jbizzybeetle macrumors 6502a

Procreate app does not list Apple Pencil as device option. Procreate Doesn't work on my iPad Pro. Nothing in their forums.

Suggestions?

Paper 53 works although doesn't show connected in app and Notes works. Apple Pencil is definitely charged and connected via general Bluetooth.

2. Branskins macrumors 65816

It doesn't have an Apple Pencil option because it's integrated into the OS.

Dumb question: is your ink color white by chance? Also, make sure the two sliders aren't all the way down

3. jbizzybeetle thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks much! Appreciate the input.

I just deleted app, then reloaded from the cloud and all works!

Whatever I screwed up first, now OK.

4. Branskins macrumors 65816

I was having the issue where if you let your finger or pencil sit too long on the white canvas, it uses the eye dropper and changes your ink to white (or whatever color is under your finger or pencil). For awhile I thought mine was broke too

5. Farrellcollie macrumors 6502

Procreate is not super intuitive for me. I can't figure out how to delete a sketch or even effectively erase

6. bizzy045 macrumors 6502

bizzy045

look at the top right..see the icon that is blue in my picture...that is the eraser button. press that then you can erase anything.

also to delete a sketch, go into your gallery, and swipe left to delete. you can also swipe right to select multiple pictures, and press trash can to delete all selected.

Attached Files:

7. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

Also, Procreate (right now) is the only app that allows you to edit the pressure curve, so if you want to draw with a lighter touch but still get the full pressure range, you can edit that in settings. Pencil will not show up as a paired device, either, but the pressure does work.

Procreate over the years has gotten quite the learning curve, with some... unintuitive (in my opinion) UI decisions. They haven't updated their handbook, but the last version of the handbook (available for free in iBooks Store) helped me do a bit more. There are tons of features and settings that are a bit too hidden under the covers with slide left/slide right, 2 finger taps, etc.

8. artfossil macrumors 6502a

artfossil

Definitely get their (free!) iBook! (They are working on an updated version.)

Their user forum is "robust" and there are lots of user-generated tutorials. Plus, YouTube. :)

This app is a wonder: so elegant and powerful. And for $5.99!