ProCutX (iPad controller) for Final Cut Pro X - free right now

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by diamond3, Mar 31, 2013.

1. diamond3, Mar 31, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2013

diamond3 macrumors 6502a

Just a heads up for those of you with an iPad and edit on FCPX, ProCutX is free at the moment. I can't imagine it being free for a long time since it's a $25 app. It would probably be best to download it now.

[​IMG]

Here is a link for more info, it is showing free in the iTunes store despite what there website shows.
    http://store.pixelfilmstudios.com/plugin/app-procutx

This probably could go in the app section, but I feel it's more applicable to those that edit and work with digital video.

2. simsaladimbamba

If it was free, it was only for a very short amount of time.

3. diamond3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. simsaladimbamba

Ah, did not think about looking there. I just downloaded it and installed it and it asked me for an email address to send the server app to, but how long does it take them for sending that email to that email address?

5. diamond3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure, I don't have my iPad with me at the moment so I just downloaded it to my laptop for the time being. I did read online that some people had the email sent to their spam folder so maybe check there.

6. TurdFerguson macrumors 6502

Just downloaded, still free. Thanks for the heads up!

7. efxgraphx macrumors member

I got the email right away.

8. simsaladimbamba

Hmm, I still not have got any email and the only way to get to the screen for getting the email is to uninstall and reinstall the app.

I however got some "spam" from them.

9. WRP macrumors 6502a

The whole point of a control surface is speed. Without being able to feel the controls you have to look down to see what to adjust which slows you down. Control surfaces on tablets are probably the dumbest apps made. I tried vWave for all of an hour before I came to the realization they don't help you at all.

10. salacious macrumors 6502a

Thank you soo much, iv been waiting for this app to get a discount but for bloody free? amazinG!

11. Siderz macrumors 6502a

It looks like I'm gonna spend tomorrow redownloading FCPX to play with this app.

This looks pretty cool, been thinking of getting a simple [physical] jogwheel for some time now. I guess this'll sort of give the feeling of a jogwheel.

12. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

Thanks for the headsup; downloaded and waiting for the server companion now ...

13. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

14. Zwhaler, Apr 10, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2013

Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Still free, get it while it's hot! I haven't used it yet so can't confirm how useful it actually is.

Edit: I got it up and running (anybody worried about using WiFi on their workstations due to cracked plugins simply create a device network that doesn't have internet and log your Mac and iPad onto that network) and I'm actually impressed. I'm not sure how useful it will be as I start using it but it does work and there is barely any lag at all. I thought there would be way more lag, everything is near instant. I like the export, send to compressor, and undo buttons built in. Get it while it's free!

15. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

This is still free... does it work with Mavericks?

16. ChrisA macrumors G4

I don't see the point. All it really does is send keyboard presses to the mac them FCPX does the keyboard function. You could just use the keyboard.

17. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

You could... If you have all the assigned keys memorized. Also the scrub wheel makes thing a little easier.

18. hrMACnstuff macrumors member

It's probably free cause nobody wanted it.

For one reason or another...

19. Unami macrumors 6502a

me neither - having to look down on the ipad for a button press (instead of keeping one's hand on the keyboard) makes editing incredible slow. and JKL is also far faster than the scrub-wheel.

still, it works and it's free - maybe it makes sense for a second editor to also have access to the timeline without touching the first editor's keyboard... ?