Product Ideas for Apple

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by kerosene, Oct 13, 2008.

1. kerosene macrumors regular

I understand that Apple has the policy of not accepting unsolicited ideas. If inspite of this they receive submissions, anything sent to them becomes their property.

I have an idea that would make a great product for Apple, however don't want to give it away for free.

Any suggestions how to approach Apple? Or is there any reasonable hope that Apple would honor a valuable (unsolicited) input on a voluntary basis?

I remember not so long ago there was an amateur ad for the new iPod touch on Youtube that was later picked up by Apple and done professionally. I'd like to think that they've honored the original creator?

Many thanks! :)

2. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

That's a good question. Make a video of it, watermark it, make a disclaimer and stick it on Youtube? Try to raise awareness of it by sending a link to an apple-friendly blog site like Giz, and hope they make a post about it. That way you're not giving away property rights but improving the chance that some Apple employee in a higher position will take note of it.

That's the only thing I can come up with, weak, admittedly.

Out of curiosity, what does your idea involve? Just a keyword' be enough, I'm not expecting you to reveal any secrets here.