Product Red iPhone

maccompatible

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
Why is there no product red iPhone? With the numbers they sell, imagine the good Apple could do in the world.

jk4lebron23

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2010
Nashville,TN
I would buy one! Red is my favorite color and a red iP5 would look sick!
I had the first red iPod nano and it looked really good

maccompatible

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
I would buy one! Red is my favorite color and a red iP5 would look sick!
I had the first red iPod nano and it looked really good
Definitely. Apple has always made really good looking Product Red devices. I'd love a RED iphone.

Mr Astonishing

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2011
SLC, UT
I would LOVE a red iPhone! Some people are speculating colored iPad Minis, but I doubt it. They did however, introduce colored iPod touches so it could definitely be a possibility in the future.

1080p

macrumors 68030
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
God... you think they have problems with indecisive people swapping colors now with just black & white... just imagine people swapping iPhones 5 times till they pick a color they like.

Patriks7

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2008
Vienna
I can't decide between the black and white one, but if there were also a red one I'd buy it instantly! All my iPods have been (RED) and even my iPhone 4 is red :)

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Why is there no product red iPhone? With the numbers they sell, imagine the good Apple could do in the world.
I'm unclear how a red phone, and increased Apple sales, would lead to "the good Apple could do in the world."

More iPhones sold would contribute to "good in the world"??:confused:

Please explain...

RayneBradley

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2011
I'm unclear how a red phone, and increased Apple sales, would lead to "the good Apple could do in the world."

More iPhones sold would contribute to "good in the world"??:confused:

Please explain...
I'm guessing the point was that with as much money as Apple has raised with their Product RED offerings already, adding the iPhone into that mix would exponentially raise the amount of Product RED product and hence the amount of money going to (RED) to fight HIV/AIDS.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I'm guessing the point was that with as much money as Apple has raised with their Product RED offerings already, adding the iPhone into that mix would exponentially raise the amount of Product RED product and hence the amount of money going to (RED) to fight HIV/AIDS.
Thanks...your guess makes good sense.:D

Moonjumper

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2009
Lincoln, UK
I would like a Product Red iPhone, as long as it came with a black faceplate. Unfortunately Apple seem to be putting white faceplates with coloured options.

alexander25

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2012
i understand it goes for a "good cause" (so they make you think), but i'm one of those that believe there's already a cure for it. however, the government won't tell us because they use it as a means of population control. also, they make more money this way anyways.

same thing for cancer, which is why i refuse to give a penny to them (even though my dad had cancer)

jimmirehman

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012

I have mine, Not sure what you are talking about, i ordered mine during the pre-order. You have to call and ask for it though, they are not advertised.

mopppish

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2005
I wish they made a Product Red version of everything!
Certainly, it would have to be done more tastefully and subtly in some products over others. For example, I have a Product Red Shuffle that's all red and that's just fine, but a red border around the screen of an iPhone might be annoying.
On the other hand, red anodized aluminum on an iPhone 5 (white or black) would be shweet.
When I worked at an Apple retail store, especially during the holidays, there would be a ton of people picking up shuffles and nanos that were indecisive about the color. I would ALWAYS try to steer them towards the red using the logic that if you weren't sure about the color you wanted, you might as well buy something that would do a teeny bit of good in the world. I was shocked at how many of those people would go with a different color instead!

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
i understand it goes for a "good cause" (so they make you think), but i'm one of those that believe there's already a cure for it. however, the government won't tell us because they use it as a means of population control. also, they make more money this way anyways.

same thing for cancer, which is why i refuse to give a penny to them (even though my dad had cancer)
Wow. Just wow. :( Might want to loosen the earflaps on your tin foil hat.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.