Product red leather case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ClutchThese, Sep 10, 2016.

1. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

has anyone here purchased this case? I've been eyeing it all evening and really debating to get it. I'm also on the fence for the saddle brown.

ugh, help!

2. CrackerJackToy macrumors 6502

CrackerJackToy

I ended up getting the Midnight Blue myself. Ive had the Black Leather case for 2 years now and it still looks new. Im very impressed. I thought I wanted the saddle brown, but just wasn't feeling it after all.

3. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

My wife has had the saddle brown for a year and loves it. It has developed a nice patina.

4. cwosigns macrumors 65816

cwosigns

I have both. Saddle brown ages really well and does, as the above poster stated, develop a nice patina. The Product (RED) case doesn't age well. Mine has black wear lines along the edges, and I never really used it that much.

5. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

There's already a thread on this.

As for the red, unless you never touch it with your bare hands, it'll look dirty after about 2 weeks. I returned mine. Others use the word 'patina.'

Both brown and red have this 'patina' effect. Some like it and others say it looks like crap.

Do a search on the forums as the original thread has plenty of pictures to help you make up your mind.

6. ClutchThese thread starter macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

Will do a search! Thanks!

7. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

8. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

I had one for my 6+ and loved it but just be ready for it to darken with use, that was actually my favorite part about it though!

9. Zimmy68 macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

I had the very first red leather case they made available for the 5S (I think).
    Within a week, it looked like someone took a black sharpie to every edge.

I think they use a different leather on the newer cases but I have steered away from the Red leather since then.

10. Phisherman81 macrumors 6502

Phisherman81

Like others have mentioned...

I had the Product Red leather case for my iPhone 5 and it doesn't age as well as darker colored leather cases.

I have also owned the midnight blue, brown and black and my wife the light blue.

Light blue got pretty dingy looking. Midnight blue, brown and black all held up great.

11. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

12. tkukoc macrumors 6502a

tkukoc

Yikes, I hope the newer ones fixed that.. at least a little bit.. 3 months later and it looked like that.. wow! A deeper dye into the leather would help fix that. Looks like they just did the top layer or two.