Product Red vs. Dragon Red Sport Band

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by jleegreen81, Jul 3, 2017.

1. jleegreen81 macrumors newbie

An Apple Store employee told me that the Product Red sports band was incorporated into the Dragon Red sports band since there was a separate Dragon Red band that was selling more. She said that it was a deeper red that the former Product Red band. I was not able to confirm this but my new Product Red band does seem to be a bit deeper in color than the older ones. I did not even know they made a separate Dragon Red band until she told me. Does anybody know about this?

2. jbachandouris, Jul 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2017

jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

I just purchased the Product Red band at the Apple Store a few days ago and was told that it shows up in their system as Dragon Red. The package says Product Red on it and the color is listed simply as 'red.'

But, the first thing I noticed is that the color was not the bright red that I had purchased for my series 0 (sold it with the watch). It's definitely darker. I thought it was just me...

UPDATE: I ended up returning it as I didn't like the color at all. I already have white and black sport bands, so there was no point.

3. SoN1NjA macrumors 65816

SoN1NjA

Can someone explain what this Dragon Red color is?

4. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

5. the future macrumors 65816

6. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

I've already returned it, so I can't posts pics.

It has been described as more of a matte red than the bright red of the original band. All I could tell was that it just didn't look 'right' to me.

7. SoN1NjA macrumors 65816

SoN1NjA

Not to be rude, but I call complete ******** dude

maybe you've made the name "Dragon Red" yourself because that's what you thought it looked like, or you're confusing another red looking band for this one, but there is no "Dragon Red Sport Band"

8. nicho macrumors 68000

9. SoN1NjA macrumors 65816

SoN1NjA

10. nicho macrumors 68000

Yeah, it seems to replace product red in certain countries, but is very likely the same thing.

I'd guess in this case both posters are misremembering the colour of the product red sport band, which has always been deeper (for reasons only apple can explain) than, for example, the product red silicon ipad mini cover i have. the colour probably hasn't changed, but their perception of it has.

11. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Yep, when I bought the Product Red SB in the first week it was released, my receipt showed it as 'Dragon Red'. It's just a different name for the same product.