product release schedul

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rweakins, Jan 14, 2010.

1. rweakins macrumors 6502

rweakins

i have the worst luck buying a product the week before the next big thing gets released so i wanted to see if there is a legitimate, accurate place to view up coming mac releases and the new features these upgrades may include...

also just curious if mac would be starting to become blu ray compatible any time soon....

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

[​IMG]

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/ - it's an estimate calculated with the prior releases in mind.

Apple does not release a schedule. They release a product when they are ready, same goes for updates. Sometimes it takes four months, more often it takes six to nine months.

As you might have noticed, new laptops are expected in January.

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

The MR guide is great. Also the broad Apple release sked historically has been:

laptops/MP = 1Q
    iPhone = end 2Q/start of 3Q
    laptops/iMac = end of 3Q/start of 4Q
    Mac Mini & AppleTV = too random to pin down

4. rweakins thread starter macrumors 6502

rweakins

i want to get a new MBP.

sounds like i should wait a little while for the new ones to hit the market...

5. fenman macrumors member

You must go and buy one now. Then a week later a lot of people here will be very happy.

:)

6. rweakins thread starter macrumors 6502

rweakins

hahaha very true. but i guess just to attest to apples customer service rep after i bought my last MB and then the new one was released i called and asked about maybe a refund and got $200 back...not too bad i guess

7. Eric S. macrumors 68040

Eric S.

Your best bet is to start with the Buyer's Guide and then keep up with the various rumor threads here. If by "legitimate, accurate" you mean "official," that doesn't exist outside of Apple.

8. rweakins thread starter macrumors 6502

rweakins

yeah i wasn't sure there was anything official as far as a schedule went or not. I had seen the patterns of release for the different products as far as how long and when during the year releases had happened i just i didn't know if Apple published anything official, but they don't. i now know.