product replacement pending

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by zaidar61s, Feb 2, 2010.

1. zaidar61s macrumors member

hi there
    Sent my 3GS in due to unknown error (9) which wouldnt let me restore it back to original state. Got past Step 2 - Service - Issue Identified. At Step 3 - Product Replacement Pending.
    Does that mean Im definitely getting a replacement

thanks

2. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

3. zaidar61s thread starter macrumors member

yh i found it after posting thread but i was hoping people would post who have had experience with this procedure

4. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

Oh, sorry. I figured if Apple said "A replacement iPod will be shipped to you shortly" that they would be shipping a replacement to you shortly, but I guess I'm not really in a position to know.

Anyone else know if these repair status messages and their expanded explanations mean what Apple says they do, or is it possible that these messages have nothing to do with the actual status of someone's repair?

5. zaidar61s thread starter macrumors member

thanks Penguissimo
    can anyone explain please, i rang them and they do not know anything they have told me its shipped and its the same tracking number that ups gave me when i sent it to them which is absolute jibberish.

i will phone again in a while

6. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

Sounds like they might have shipped you a replacement! What's the format of the tracking number? UPS tracking numbers tend to sound like gibberish; usually "1Z" followed by 16 numbers.

7. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

This thread is hysterical! i feel you could really script it into an excellent comedy sketch!

8. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

Whatever it takes to assuage someone's fears :)

OP, would you mind letting us know if/when you get a replacement, and if it's the same model as what you had before?

9. zaidar61s thread starter macrumors member

update:recieved a brand new replacement i doubt its refurbished as the serial number starts with 8 but im not certain, refurbished handsets are like new anyway

10. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

11. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

It never hurts to double-check. You want to be absolutely sure about these things :):):)

12. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

Exactly! i mean, 'product replacement pending'...how much more cryptic can you be?!?