Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brucej85

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2014
This may be good news!

Quanta vice-chairman reportedly acknowledges “limited shipments” of Apple Watch, says capacity now fully up to speed.

http://9to5mac.com/2015/05/15/apple-watch-supply-improving

Gmouse

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2014
Lakewood, CO
I read this with amazement. You'd think that Apple, who is now being so buddy-buddy with China, would have had the simple forethought to check for, or due to years of product launches, already KNOW of LOCAL reasons for production delays, and timed things around them, started earlier, or something? I know in Germany and many other places in Europe, there are typically mass two-week vacation times, where a lot doesn't get done, and planning is made around them as to not cause delays. This seems a big oops on Apple's part, and certainly stained its reputation with even fervent fans.

Only excuse I can think of, maybe, is that this is a non-standard time of year for an Apple launch...and maybe people were asleep at the wheel...

ParishYoung

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2008
Bristol, South West UK
Mar 02 : Mobile World Congress
Mar 09 : Apple Watch Event
Apr 10 : Pre-orders start
Apr 24 : Orders start arriving

Apple should have done the event before MWC and started pre-orders the week after. They would have still dominated the tech headlines when they needed to, and wouldn't have been in a position to guess (wrongly?) which models their customers wanted.

I did notice with the iPhone 6 launch though (in the UK at least) that all models were constrained until the end of the month when everyone got paid. Which smacks of artificial supply issues. Maybe with the watch Apple did anticipate the holiday period and have used it to create a supply issue for the watch as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.