Professional case/pouch advice for a brand new business iphone user?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by sixxmum, Aug 15, 2010.

1. sixxmum macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

I've just ordered an iPhone4. It's primarily a work toy, in a very business-like setting. I've been using an HTC Fuze, with a Golla pouch and screen protectors. I've never dropped the phone (in 2+ years) but there is always a first time.

With the iPhone, it seems that most people get a wrap type case rather than a pouch case. Is the phone hard to hold onto without a wrap of some sort? I don't want to drop it, but whatever I get has to look relatively professional. Leather isn't preferred, but if it ends up being the best option...

I would really love any advice or help you might offer. I know it's a matter of personal preference, but ordering them all one at a time is not going to happen! :) I've already ordered front and back protectors from PS based on posts here.

TIA!
    Sixx

2. sixxmum thread starter macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

Big Ellis,

Thanks for the advice. Do you think that the dropping/slipperiness isn't as much of an issue as it sounds like from reading here?

I forgot about Sena cases. I used to have one of their flips for a TREO. I guess a flip is another option...

3. sixxmum thread starter macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

Thinking about the incase slider if I go with a cover rather than a pouch. Have they generally been having availability when they say they will?

4. readerbreader macrumors regular

Marware Flip vue. I've had it for a few days now, it's great. even has a belt clip. looks professional, and i would even feel comfortable dropping it on asphalt because of the protection that the leather offers.

5. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Sena Ultraslim pouch. It's a leather pouch made from really high quality leather.

6. calb macrumors 6502

Note that if you're ordering an ultraslim from Sena, some of the colours (like black) are backordered so you'll be waiting quite a while.

7. sixxmum thread starter macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

I noticed. It seems that getting a case by the time the phone arrives is going to be difficult :) I like the incase slider for a case style, but that is backordered as well.

Does anyone want to weigh in on the slipperiness issue? Is dropping these during use a realistic concern? As I said, I didn't drop my other phone, but it has more bulk, so I'm sure that made it easier.

8. threezero macrumors 6502

were most of your previous phone rubbered back? all generation of iphone are second to soap bars in slipperiness. Apple seems to always to form before function and iphone 4 is the perfect example of that.

In short, on a rating of slipperiness

iphone 2g -> iphone 4 -> 3g/3gs

with the iphone 2g being the most slippery

9. sixxmum thread starter macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

No rubbered back, but it sounds like this might just be more slippy! I guess, being left handed, I should probably get a case instead of a pouch anyway, due to the potential for the grip/bars/drop issue.

10. corykane macrumors member

11. sixxmum thread starter macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

It's starting to look like maybe a leather flipcase is the solution, though I don't really like leather. Or, maybe I'll go with the incase Slider, though the reports of scratches make me nervous!

Any big benefits for Sena, Vaja, or Marware? The Piel Frama is beautiful, but I think a little out of my price range.

12. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

The InCase Slider is a good case, great feel to it but just be aware that there's a good chance your screen protector will bubble when used in conjunction with that case. Some people don't have problems but others (myself included) can't use it with screen protectors, which is somewhat irritating.

13. random person macrumors 6502a

Get the Piel Frama flip -- either the iMagnum (which I have) or the other ones, ether magnetic or snap closing. The leather is gorgeous and so professional that you will get a promotion the minute you take your phone out for a meeting!

You can get them quickly and quite a bit cheaper by ordering from cases.com.

14. sixxmum thread starter macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

This made me laugh. I guess I should go look at cases.com

15. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

A tad expensive, but I like the Gucci iPhone case.