Professional Coffee/Cappuccino Quality at home

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TSE, Dec 13, 2010.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

Alright. I've lately been really really getting into coffee drinks at Starbucks about 2 months ago.

That got a little pricey so I started going to McDonalds for their McCafes and for the most part am still satisfied.

However, my wallet is hurting right now, so the question is simple.

Is there a way to get professional coffee/cappuccino quality at home with a machine? I know absolutely nothing about this stuff, so keep that in mind but I want to get something for the long term, perhaps ask for it for Christmas. :)

2. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

3. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

I guess you could always get crap coffee at home, but why bother ? Just get the good stuff instead of the dish water they serve in coffeeshops.

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

It's soooo easy to make a coffee/cap better than what you get at most coffee shops. You just need to learn how to make it. The machine itself isn't all that important unless you want everything to run in "auto" mode. Only the coffee beans/grind you purchase will matter. Remember: Crap in ---> Crap out.

If you want good coffee to be made in auto mode, then both the machine and coffee will matter.

If you make the espresso itself and froth the milk, and you use decent ingredients, you'll make better coffee with a $100 machine than you would with a $1000 machine.