Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2007
Has anyone tried setting proxy server settings as a payload for iOS5 using profile manager for Mac OS X Server 10.7.2?

I have been trying, the settings appear fine on the iOS5 device, but Safari etc ignores them, unless you delete them and enter them manually.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

bathurstguy

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2009
Hi,

I have the same problem. If I create a WiFi payload with SSID, PSK, Proxy server and ports then load onto iPad the entries are there but they only come into affect if I either, disable Proxy then enable it, or enter in authentication user/pass.

Otherwise I can see on our firewall it is still trying to get out on port 80.

Same even at 5.0.1

Sam.

robf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2007
Yeah it is a pain really - we have 21 to manage (a school).

How about you?

I have setup a transparent proxy server for now, but am being forced to use RADIUS for authentication and accounting.

I hope Apple sort this out.

Thanks for your reply.

Rob.

jono1970

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2007
Hi all,

I am experiencing the same problem. I send a wifi payload down to an iPad and it does not kick in until I turn proxy off and on. it then works fine.

if I manually enter the details it works fine immediately so it is only when a profile is first installed. It is like it needs to be initialised\refresh the moment the profile is installed.

anybody found a solution to this?

cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.