Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dleary

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2014
Hi, everyone,

I've been missing the little round profile pictures (connected to contacts in Contacts) in Mail, ever since upgrading to Yosemite. Funnily enough, they still appear next to contacts in Messages (texting app).

In Mail, instead of the profile picture, I get the sender's initials, as if I have the option turned off in Preferences (which it is not). I turned off the option, turned it back on, rebooted, - no effect. Still initials.

Is anyone else seeing this kind of behavior?

Thanks,

David

dleary

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2014
Resolution

Nevermind, I figured it out. It appears to be new functionality with Yosemite OS. I tried adding e-mail addresses into Contacts, close the mail app, reopen, and then it displays the profile picture. It is not immediate, and for many e-mails it will show up as initials - for instance, getting an automated e-mail response for an on-line payment I've made. Unless I add the e-mail address for the automated response, it won't show the company's profile pic. (That's fine with me.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.