Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macnewbee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2003
Hello,
I am fairly new with MACs, so I am not too sure which steps to take to get this working. I am in IT, but mostly work on PCs. One of my users at work is using a PowerBook G4 with OS 9.2 on it. He is setup properly for connecting to our servers through our network. My problem is that he will be going to the middle east shortly and will need to dial into our network using AT&T global Network Client. I heard that I should probably setup a different profile on his PowerBook so that I don't mess up his current profile, as well as to make it easier for him to choose what he wants to do without always having to choose what type of connection he wants (TCP/IP or Dial-up). I have setup a second user account on his PB, but cannot go setup anything in it, since it is giving me errors about not having enough access privileges. I am not sure how to setup a dial-up connection and how to make it active for that user profile.
I hope this all makes sense...
Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance,
Natacha

macnewbee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2003
Not sure what you mean, but that's the OS version on that machine, and I can't change it to OS X...

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
Use location manage in his control panel, create a new location, activate it, change all the settings you need, save the location, then switch it back. Show him how to switch them and you're set. In OSX it only effects network settings, in OS9 it allows you to set clock, active ports, sharing and such. If you need more help, I can walk you through it.

TEG

macnewbee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2003
TEG,
Thanks for your reply. I'll try that tomorrow morning, and will let you know if I need more help.
Again, thanks a lot!
Cheers,
Natacha:p

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
if the above post didn't make it clear, you do not need to create another user account. you can delete the extra one you created.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.