Program for Slowing down songs

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Amerikhastan, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Amerikhastan macrumors newbie

Whats a program that slows down songs, so I can transcribe them and such.

2. juxtaposer macrumors regular

Audacity will probably do the job for you, but for transcriptions I'm not sure how it handles the pitch when the track is slowed down.
    Logic will definitely be able to do what you want while keeping the original pitch intact, but I'm unsure you'd want to pay that much for what you require.
    There are a few programs out there for transcribing, but I'm unaware as to how they work. Guitar Pro 5 is one of these programs, but when it comes to transcribing I'm not sure how it would work. I hope one of these programs helps :)

3. briggity macrumors newbie

Amazing Slow Downer by Roni Music.

http://www.ronimusic.com/

I can't say enough good things about this software....great transcribing tool, but the time-stretching algo is really good and you can just use it for that function alone. Set the speed and pitch independently, and export the file ... done.

4. Staggerlee77 macrumors newbie

5. Chillijam macrumors member

Chillijam

+1 to the Amazing Slow Downer. I also use it a lot, and the speed and pitch corrections are pretty darned good. The UI is pretty basic, but it gets the job done.

Quick and dirty examples ::
    Pitch -9 semitones
    Speed 75% of original

By the way - apologies for the choice of track - it was just something I was transposing for the rest of my band the other day... honest! :)

6. Loge macrumors 68020

Loge

If transcribing is what you want, then you should use Transcribe! It slows down songs, does a lot more, and is cheap.

http://www.seventhstring.com/xscribe/overview.html

7. ghking macrumors regular

ghking

QUICKTIME!!
    open the song. under the Window menu hit 'Show A/V Controls' there is an option to slow it down.
    I use this all the time to wite out bass lines and its pretty clear

8. Tarkovsky macrumors 6502

Tarkovsky