Program For Transferring Songs off iPod?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hwmbrogden, Feb 26, 2009.

1. hwmbrogden macrumors member

Do any of you guys know of a good program that allows you to transfer songs off of your iPod onto your mac? My external hard drive recently crashed and with getting a new mac book tomorrow, I only have all my songs on my ipod so getting them onto my new book is number one priority.

Anyone have any suggestions?

2. hwmbrogden thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for the guide! That is great to know if those programs didnt work for some reason!

3. mmagbee macrumors member

hands down... ipod RIp. ... i have used it countless times and it never crashes even when pushing 50+gb music. However i have never tried it with video. it says its supported but never had to.

4. hwmbrogden thread starter macrumors member

The question is whether it is free or not..

5. bworthey macrumors newbie

I just downloaded it and it appeared to me it was limited to 200 songs. No good for me when i have over 2000. Now, of course, you can purchase it and have unlimited.

I've tried every possibility I've seen on the internet for transferring my iTunes library (which I realize is a little different that the OP topic), none of them have been successful for me. One I had just the names inside iTunes but nothing would play. The only one I had some success with was connecting the two computers with an ethernet cable, which was working, but was going to take 8 hours to do. I think I'm just going to end up taking my two laptops to the Apple store nearby and just have them do it.

B-Worthey

6. applebum macrumors 6502

Dude, if you are going from 1 computer to the other and you have an iPod, then just put your music on your iPod as data. Transfer your whole iTunes music folder onto your iPod, then transfer that folder from the iPod to the other computer where it should go (your Music folder). Unless of course your iPod isn't big enough, then I guess you could do it in stages...

7. starmagic macrumors newbie

Senuti is great. (Itunes spelled backwards). I take things off my friends' ipods easily. Give things that way, too. It used to be free - now I think it's around $20. I think I gave that much when it was free/donations... Developed by a colleg student who lost his HD but still had his ipod.