Program or app to enter information

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mrty407, Jun 21, 2012.

1. mrty407, Jun 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2012

mrty407 macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I am a personal trainer and keep track of workouts for my clients with paper. I want to get an iPad and do this electronically. My question; Is there a program app that I can use on the iPad where I can input this information?
    I am also looking for the best and cost effective way to create that type of document on my Macbook.
    Should I just use Pages or Numbers and input that info on my iPad or is there a better way?
    I know there are apps for working out but I want to create my own document for keeping track of my clients.
    Thank you for your help

2. ipsychedelic macrumors 6502a

ipsychedelic

I think the flexibility you'd get from a simple "customized" spreadsheet can't be beaten in this case, so yeah, Numbers sounds like the best option.
    If in need to use images or drawings, then probably Evernote or something like that.

3. Kurwenal macrumors 6502a

Kurwenal

If you want to have one file per client and track progress across a list of exercises, Numbers is probably easier -- you create a template, save a new version for each client and then each column can be a new workout with the exercises listed in the rows. You can do the same thing in Evernote but it's a bit easier in Numbers. Depends to some degree on whether you want to use Numbers or Evernote to find old files. It's been a while since I looked but as I recall Numbers is cheaper, depending on whether and how much data you want to sync, although syncing with Numbers does require iCloud (which you may or may not already use).

4. harrisonw1998 macrumors regular

Numbers is like Excel for iPad and will help you organize your business on one spreadsheet. It is $9.99 on the app store.