Program or how to see a Windows 7 Remote Desktop?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Julien, May 15, 2010.

1. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I want to see my work computer (Windows 7 Pro) at home on my Mac Pro (10.6.3) . I have it setup so I can see it on my iPad using the App Desktop Connect. What software do I need to do this on my Mac Pro?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

gotomypc, logmein, Microsoft's RDP client for OSX.

3. Celeron macrumors 6502a

4. Julien thread starter macrumors G3

Julien

Thanks, First I downloaded MS Client and it worked fine except for 1 BIG problem. I was connecting to my PC in my theater and it's 1080x1920 and there is no preset or resolution for that. Didn't want Full Screen and the next size was too small (wanted native) with no scroll bars. CoRD has 1080x1920. The only thing is I don't see in CoRD is a way to set the Paswoord for auto like MS Client does.

5. Julien thread starter macrumors G3

Julien

Found a way to enter passwords.;) Also my dad has an iMac. Can I add it to CoRD (like how easy it is to switch between computers or do I need another program (looks like it only supports Windows and not O SX)?

6. Celeron macrumors 6502a

CoRD only works for Microsoft Remote Desktop as far as I know. For another Mac, just press Command+K while in Finder and enter this:

vnc://ip-address-of-computer

Or, better yet, just click it on it the "Shared" list in Finder and click Screen Sharing.