Program says its already running while it isn't

Discussion in 'macOS' started by therealmuffin, Aug 4, 2009.

1. therealmuffin macrumors newbie

Howdy,

Already having tried the Songbird program its forum and gotten no answer, I figured I might try it over here.

A program Songbird keeps on saying that it is already running and can not run twice. Well, I have removed the program and replaced it with a fresh copy, restarted the mac, but all without results.

If I'm not mistaken some little file is locked or written to indicate that a program is running. Can't seem to find any documentation on it though.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks in advance, Maarten

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Go to Utilities and open Activity Monitor. Select "All Processes" from the drop down menu. Is there anything there that looks like Songbird?

3. therealmuffin thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I checked the package of songbird.app and compared that to with what activity monitor is showing. Nothing of Songbird is actually running. I must add that the package contains quite a few of applications and I might have missed one. I doubt though that actually any of those is running.

4. therealmuffin thread starter macrumors newbie

Solved

Found the user files in /users/username/library/application support/songbird2/ After deleting the directory, everything was fine. User files gone though, but that's alright.