Program similar to Handbrake

Discussion in 'macOS' started by pchaney301, Feb 27, 2009.

1. pchaney301 macrumors newbie

I've done everything I can think about to fix Handbrake, and not having any luck.

Is there another program that will work the same way that Handbrake does that works well on macs? Handbrake keeps shutting off about 30% of the way in. No matter what movie it is, it shuts off.

Thanks in advance!

2. pchaney301 thread starter macrumors newbie

no luck still with trying to get handbrake to work. still shutting off everytime I try to run it. I have no idea what the problem is.

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

did you try reinstalling handbrake or rebooting computer or trying another dvd to see if the dvd is the issue?...

4. pchaney301 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have reinstalled handbrake and that didn't solve the problem.

I have been using it to convert avi files on my computer to be able to view them on my apple tv.

I have restarted my computer several times, and still same thing. I have no idea what the deal is. It was working great and then one day, just quit.

5. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

I assume you've tried different DVDs- some are copy protected and, in my experience anyway, Handbrake will copy to that point then stop. This is with the final PPC version however, so I'm not sure if the more recent versions have rectified this.