Program that can retrieve my photos?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dr Kevorkian94, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

to make a long story short, my hard drive on my mac broke and all the pictures lost. those pictures are all on my iphone, but since i have a new hard drive my iphone will act as if i'm connecting to a new computer. so how do i get all my photos off my phone. i know there is a program to get my music off my phone (don't remember the name so if u know that sharing it will be nice too) but what about my photos?

2. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

Try Picasa's import feature. It's awesome.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I know on windows when you plug in your iphone you can go to my computer and copy and paste all your pictures from your iphone to your hard drive or usb drives etc...

4. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

PicsAid can do what you need. I've never used it, I do use DiskAid which is made by the same company and it works great.

5. Dr Kevorkian94 thread starter macrumors 68020

thanks guys, and just to tell you it is a mac and the phone is not jailbroken

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

There are many programs that will do this. I just found this one by searching Google:
    http://www.macroplant.com/iphoneexplorer/

I don't know if it's the best...you can look up others if that doesn't work.

But PLEASE get a Time Machine drive for your new machine. Your photos are pretty much trash now. The iPhone has shrunk them from whatever they were (4, 8, 10 MB?) down to about 0.75 MB. You'll have them to look at but you've pretty much lost all the quality in those photos.

The iPhone is a picture viewer...not a backup device. Start backing up your new computer so this doesn't happen again.

(I'd even consider hiring a data-recovery company to examine your old hard drive. It may be possible to get stuff off of it.)

7. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

There is a Mac OS version of Picasa.

8. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Isn't Picasa made to import photos from cameras?

If so it will only read his iPhone's camera album (photos taken on the phone) and won't help with the photos he synced from his computer.

Am I wrong about Picasa? Does it actually scan the entire iPhone? I have no idea, but I've never seen another photo program that does that. That would be unique.

9. Dr Kevorkian94 thread starter macrumors 68020

the app you suggested worked perfectly, for the things not on my camera roll. and for some reason the photos were not lower quality of didn't seem to be they look nice and are big. so thanks very much:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :D:D

and ps: Picasa was an epic fail did not even detect my phone.

10. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

PhoneView will do what it is you are looking for. I've used it for all sorts of things like this- photos, text messages, voice messages, etc.
    Not affiliated, just a satisfied user.
    Here is a link:
    http://www.ecamm.com/mac/phoneview/

11. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Well, I do like a story with a happy ending!

Were most of these shots taken with the iPhone originally? It's possible it doesn't shrink those too much. I'm used to the photos from my other camera getting shrunk a lot, but maybe your photos fall under the limit and don't get as much cramming done to them.

Ah...that's the one I couldn't think of earlier! I've used this and it's great. I would suggest it too, but it's $20 and he found a free solution.

So, not for him, but I would also suggest this to anyone else reading this thread in the future.

12. Dr Kevorkian94 thread starter macrumors 68020

i had a lot of photos and i say around 800 and around 300 were taken since my first iphone. but they all came out nice. also all my music perfectly, but now i have to find a way to get my contacts (the genius in the apple store said if i sync my iphone that would fix that problem but i'm not sure)and all the save data from all my apps. any suggestions?

13. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

No, the photos in the phone have not been shrunk or reduced in quality.