Program that will search for/import Lyrics into iTunes?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by St. Germain, Aug 13, 2008.

1. St. Germain macrumors 6502

Looking for an OS X app that will add lyrics to my iTunes songs. I've tried the "Sing that iTune" widget, which will do it as you listen to a song, but you have to listen to each song individually. Seems like there has to be a decent OS X app out there that will find and import them automatically.

2. H&Kie macrumors regular

3. silvarbullet1 macrumors newbie

Lyrics Search

This is the best for automatic lyrics import, love it!!!!
    Works Fab :)

4. Cantello macrumors member

I second the vote for Gimme some Tune. Doesn't work automatically and it's not really configurable which search engines to use when looking for lyrics, but it works nearly perfect most of the time.

5. umbilical macrumors 6502a

any other that search all lyrics of select songs or playlist and import all! the problem of gimme some tune is necessary play song by song for get the lyric.

any other app that search and import all?

6. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Sing that iTune widget for Dashboard is great.

Or if you can find a copy of it, PearLyrics.

7. umbilical macrumors 6502a

Forget Gimme some tune and all widget!!!! I found a simple and great little app called Get Lyrical...

http://shullian.com/get_lyrical.php

just select songs put get lyrics and done!
    the app search on http://lyricwiki.org/ is great! I recommend!

8. felixen macrumors 6502a

This seems awesome and I have also been looking for something like it. I had iart on windows and wanted something similar. When I click the files menu and then hit playlist I get an error message saying: No result was returned from some part of this expression. (-2763)

how can I fix this

9. felixen macrumors 6502a

also gimmesometunes wont open on my mac mini snow leopard

10. felixen macrumors 6502a

why doesnt gimmesometune worK? I tried uninstalling it and installing it again

11. felixen macrumors 6502a

please help me out. I want lyrics on my iphone but I cant find proper software on mac even when there are tons on windows

12. fishmoose macrumors 68000

You can try MPfreaker it's not free though.

13. Coppertop macrumors newbie

Coppertop

PearLyrics don't work anymore. At least it doesn't for me. Won't even search anymore.

14. jwillgoesfast macrumors newbie

15. ironman159 macrumors regular

ironman159

Get Lyrical. Great app. Fast, free, easy. Good luck!

16. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

17. kdum8 macrumors 6502a

kdum8

Awesome and wicked they would be if either of them worked. I can't seem to get either to fetch lyrics. Both programs seemingly run fine, but neither can find any lyrics for some very well known songs. What gives? Anyone else using either of these programs successfully at the moment?

Since the great PearLyrics died I haven't found a solution that actually works on the mac.... :(

18. rickdollar macrumors 6502

Gimmesometune stopped fetching lyrics for me as well. Bummer. I've Googled, but I can't seem to find anything that works with iTunes 9 and the Mac. Big bummer.

19. celticpride678

I use Get Lyrical and it is certainly the best lyric fetcher out of them all.

20. sticko macrumors member

Yes, it stopped fetching lyrics for me as well. Last time I used it (one/two months ago), everything is alright. Does this happen to everybody ??

21. DolmenRage macrumors member

I used GetLyrical a while age but it didn't get all the lyrics. Maybe it didn't finish or I don't know, but I still have a lot of lyric-less songs.

22. kdum8 macrumors 6502a

kdum8

I tried both GetLyrical and Gimmesometune but neither worked for me. The only plugin I have found that actually reliably fetches most lyrics is called "TunesTEXT". If you haven't tried it, some of you may have some luck with this one instead.

Frankly native built in iTunes support for this would be great if only it weren't for the stupid copyright issues. Restricting the sale of the song itself is one thing, the lyrics themselves seems overboard...

Anyway try TunesTEXT and see if you have any joy..

23. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

I just use http://lyrics.wikia.org and it's Gracenote-linked database, which is about 99% correct, formatted the way I like it and doesn't have lower case 'i', titles, typos and a whole lot of junk that comes with user submitted but not user modifiable material.

24. kdum8 macrumors 6502a

kdum8

Does the lyrics wiki have any way that enables songs in iTunes to auto-add the lyrics when a song is played or does it have to be done manually?