Program to get Lyrics

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iMacBook, Sep 23, 2007.

1. iMacBook macrumors 6502a

iMacBook

Anybody have any suggestions for an app/ that can get my Lyrics from whatever web site?

GimmieSomeTune I hate because of that huge box that comes up and there is no way to disable it.
    Sing That iTunes doesn't seem to update automatically when a new song starts playing. I have to hit the Dashboard key to get its lyrics.

At the moment, I'm using Synergy for my scrobbling and controls. I don't want to change to another program. I just need something separate to get lyrics.

2. iMacBook thread starter macrumors 6502a

iMacBook

Does anybody know if Sing That iTune automatically updates so it can get the lyrics for the next song when a new one is played?

3. pianos101 macrumors regular

there's a program out there called pearLyrics, and although officially you can't get it anymore, google is your friend. Using that in combination with the Needle Drop applescript will let iTunes automatically go through your entire library and add lyrics to all songs (that it can find lyrics for).

4. iMacBook thread starter macrumors 6502a

iMacBook

I thought PearLyrics was for PPC only? :confused:

Any idea where I can find that script?

5. Cavemate K macrumors member

iMacBook,

The current issue of Mac Format magazine addresses this by suggesting a program and/or script. I don't remember the name of the program, but I don't think it was any of the ones mentioned in this thread. Mac Format magazine can be found at any Borders Books. Hope this helps.

6. iMacBook thread starter macrumors 6502a

iMacBook

I'll have to check that out then. Thanks for the tip.

If anybody still wants to help, I am still open to suggestions.

7. dfranki macrumors newbie

The Best and Easiest Way to get lyrics for your itunes

:p I know you may not want to install anymore software but give this last one a shot. I have done this and it works.

1. Use the itunes widget that came with the Macbook or Macbook Pro to control itunes.

2. With that also download and install the widget called "Sing that itune."

3. When you've installed Sing that itune you can go to the preferences so it will automatically send those lyrics to your itunes library for the song being played in addition to getting you album artwork.

4. Start playing songs via your itunes and hit your F12 key(dashboard widgets) You will see that as each song plays if lyrics can be found it shows up on the Sing that itune widget within 5 seconds or less. As the lyrics are retrieved and displayed, if you've changed your preferences, it automatically puts these lyrics to the respective song in itunes.

This works like like a charm and saved me many hours of cutting and pasting into each song. There may be a few that cannot be located due to the songs rarity but out of 35Gb of music I have it wasn't able to locate 100 song lyrics. 35Gb equals 7,500 songs on my itunes.

p.s. Gimme some tunes sucks since itunes update 7.4 and above. It was only really good for album artwork anyways.

8. dfranki macrumors newbie

The Best and Easiest Way to get lyrics for your itunes

I forgot to mention you don't have to be on your dashboard to get the lyrics from sing that itune you just have to select or play an itunes song. I personally left itunes on play and worked on other things in my computer.

Powerbook G4, 1.5Ghz, 12", 60GB HD, 768MB RAM, OS X 10.4 Tiger(Outgrown)
    Macbook 2.16, 13", 2GB RAM, 250GB HD, OS X 10.4 Tiger and Bootcamp running Windows Vista Home Premium.(120GB Free)
    Ipod 5th Gen 60GB (Outgrown)
    Ipod Classic 160GB (87GB Free)