Program to join AVI files together

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Demigod Mac, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Demigod Mac macrumors 6502a

I've been at my wits end trying to find a free program that will join AVI files.

I'm trying to join Divx encoded files (after using DeSEDG to fix them - they're recorded in a proprietary Samsung header/format)

Almost all the programs I've tried give me a critical error (on both Mac and Windows). Virtualdub crashes almost immediately. iMovie '11 does NOT get along well with the Divx plugin and crashes frequently.

Only a program called Easy Video Joiner managed to do it without a big error, but the audio and video are out of sync. Game over.

(dad's getting a new Mac-friendly camera for Christmas this year, I've decided!)

2. tonyburkhart macrumors regular

tonyburkhart

Have you tried D-Vision yet? If not, give it a shot. Handles multiple file merger very well. I had an old HTC Touch that would only record video for 2 minutes, before I updated it. Anyway - I had a bunch of 2 minute clips and it handled them perfectly. I have no idea what the updates and or current versions are, since I haven't used it for over 2 years, so let us know how it turns out.
    :)

http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Video/DVision.shtml

3. dizzie1 macrumors newbie