Programmed (timed) on/off

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Aldonin, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Aldonin macrumors newbie

Hello there. I finally made the change from my previous BB 9800 to iPhone 4.

A tough move since I'm from Venezuela, the country with the highest Blackberry phones per capita in the world, so basically everyone has a PIN.

But anyway, I'm loving my iPhone. However there is this ONE thing which I'm missing and I've been unable to find a solution for on App Store.

NO TIMED ON/OFF! On my BB I had a setting that told the phone to switch off at 11PM and switch back on at 5AM during week days.
    This was GREAT because of several reasons:
    1) I don't like being disturbed while sleeping. after spending 14 hour a day chatting on the phone, enough is enough. And also I hate the idea of having to remember to put the phone in silent before sleeping.
    2) Battery saver. If I'm not using the phone while sleeping, whats the point of having mail push/pull, searching for network, etc.
    3) (this might be total CRAP!) If phone waves pose any risk health... a few less hours of radiation won't hurt.

So I've done my research, found a MILLION sleep-help apps, but ZERO switch off /on apps. I found someone using timers to sort of program the phone, however this was messy.

So: ANY APPS? Could this be included un iOS5? or should I keep on getting 24/7 phone wave radiations :) hehehe.

If anyone has any decent app, please let me know!!!!

Thanks a lot in advance!

2. eezing macrumors 6502

eezing

Nope, no apps available via AppStore can have the ability to fully shut off and turn on your iPhone. I doubt there is any Jailbreak apps as well.

Two solutions for you:

1. Manually, switch on Airplane mode (top of Settings App) before you go to bed. This will kill all radios and GPS which will in return kill off all communication and any fear of radiation but still giving you the ability to use apps, alarm, ect... You'll also increase your battery standby time to around 30 days on a full charge.

2. Jailbreak your iPhone and download an app from cydia store that will allow you to put Airplane mode on a timer.

3. PittsDriver macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

I LOVED auto off on the BB. I wish I could do that on the iPhone as well.