Resolved Programming issue, no clue whats wrong.

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by Rudsther2435, May 9, 2013.

1. Rudsther2435, May 9, 2013
    Last edited: May 10, 2013

Rudsther2435 macrumors newbie

I'm trying to build an IOS program for a project deadline coming soon. After trying to do the same thing my third attempt already, I am extremely frustrated and am hoping someone can help me solve the problem. Since I cannot upload pictures I have uploaded them to my skydrive, you can find screen shots here. Any help would be appreciated. Find the pictures here, http://sdrv.ms/11lwWah
    Here is the error
    Code:
    Ld /Users/Plastik/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Homepwner-amvwxdgotfslkwboseuvehpuxyic/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/Homepwner.app/Homepwner normal i386
    cd /Users/Plastik/Desktop/Autoproof/Homepwner
    setenv IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 6.1
    setenv PATH "/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -arch i386 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator6.1.sdk -L/Users/Plastik/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Homepwner-amvwxdgotfslkwboseuvehpuxyic/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator -F/Users/Plastik/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Homepwner-amvwxdgotfslkwboseuvehpuxyic/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator -filelist /Users/Plastik/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Homepwner-amvwxdgotfslkwboseuvehpuxyic/Build/Intermediates/Homepwner.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/Homepwner.build/Objects-normal/i386/Homepwner.LinkFileList -Xlinker -objc_abi_version -Xlinker 2 -fobjc-arc -fobjc-link-runtime -Xlinker -no_implicit_dylibs -mios-simulator-version-min=6.1 -framework UIKit -framework Foundation -framework CoreGraphics -o /Users/Plastik/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Homepwner-amvwxdgotfslkwboseuvehpuxyic/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/Homepwner.app/Homepwner

Undefined symbols for architecture i386:
    "_OBJC_CLASS_$_BNRItem", referenced from:
    objc-class-ref in BNRItemStore.o
    (maybe you meant: _OBJC_CLASS_$_BNRItemStore)
    ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture i386
    clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

2. Sonnestah macrumors regular

Click BNRItem.m and on the right hand side menu(utilities menu) select its target membership

3. Rudsther2435 thread starter macrumors newbie

response to suggestion

Im working on xCode 4.6.2
    I see no such command when I right click I also went to the view menu on top and selected utilities and I don't see anything as you recommend.

4. Sonnestah macrumors regular

Not a right click, just a single regular click on BNRItem.m to highlight it, then check the menu on the right hand side, it is called the utilities menu, there is a section to set its target membership

It is right there in your screenshots

5. Rudsther2435 thread starter macrumors newbie

got it

thank you it worked, i figured it out.

6. Duncan C macrumors 6502a

Duncan C

7. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Why not? Use the "Attach Files" option of Additional Options as part of your new post.