Programming software

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by smogsy, Jan 16, 2008.

1. smogsy macrumors 6502a

im going to ick up a 2.2 MB on sat/sun for my bday.

its mainly for wireless internet around my house but,

i would like to learn how to program in unix/apple like i have done in windows

would like program recomenddations

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

OSX ships with full Apple developer tools (the same tools Apple use themselves) on the installer DVD. You can also download newer/updated versions from Apple.

3. smogsy thread starter macrumors 6502a

you are the man thanks!

couldn't answer another q?

i currently have itunes on my pc but it doesn't download art-work without a itunes account which i dont want to create due to i dont want to put my creditcard details in because i know, i will not be using the itunes store anyway.

on mac do you have to have account for artwork downloads or does do it on its own because u bought mac :p

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I have no idea: I have an iTunes account and have had since before iTunes auto-downloaded album art for ripped CDs.

5. twig macrumors member

You can create an iTunes account without credit card info if you buy an iTunes gift card. There's a link (not incredibly obvious) on the iTunes store for you to redeem the gift card by entering the code on the back of the card. Once you have done this, when you go to set up an iTunes account you can skip the credit card part. The drawback of this method is that you have to buy the iTunes gift card, the cheapest of which I think is $15. This will mean you can buy 15 songs, though, in addition to getting all the album artwork, and at least you don't have to give out your credit card info.

6. smogsy thread starter macrumors 6502a

7. twig macrumors member

I saw the $15 cards on the US iTunes store. The Canada iTunes store has the link to buy the cards, but the resulting page is blank. I've seen the cards for sale at the grocery store, but only in $25 and $50. I'm not sure if there's an expiry date on the cards, or if you can just buy the cheapest one and then buy an occasional song etc. over the next couple of years.

8. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

When I created my iTunes account I did not need to enter any billing or payment info. Have you attempted to create one; I'm pretty sure you don't need to enter a credit card OR gift card number if all you're going to do is download album art.

9. smogsy thread starter macrumors 6502a

yeh on windows 7.4 i did i cannot install 7.6 though because key keys wot delete :(