Programming

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by isaac17, Oct 22, 2007.

1. isaac17 macrumors member

Hey, I've been looking for a while on how to get started with iPhone/iTouch development, and I can't find a thing. I know I've seen sites with tutorials and such, and I'd really like to get into this. I already know basic C++ and advanced Java, PHP, MySQL, etc, and I'm willing to learn whatever to be able to develop for the iTouch/Phone. Can I get some links, please?

Thanks

2. derryquinn macrumors 6502

derryquinn

3. isaac17 thread starter macrumors member

I know, and I'll learn that when it gets here, but I really want to write a pictures program that let's you view full res images, now.

4. derryquinn macrumors 6502

derryquinn

5. cmclaughlan macrumors member

http://code.google.com/p/iphone-dev/wiki/Building

Walks you through the steps of building and installing a working tool-chain.

Now the hard part, I've been struggling to find a "hello world" program or a tutorial on how to create a custom application.app (what plists do I need ? what links ? icon ? executable ? what frameworks are there ?)

Searching google-code has given some info but it is sparse I will be honest.

And then some documentation on the libraries and functions would be great but I can generally figure that out from sample programs.

I've got a couple of apps I want to work on that I think will be great on the itouch so let me know if you find anything !

6. RazerM macrumors member