Programs for Tiger

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by MatthewLTL, Mar 11, 2015.

1. MatthewLTL macrumors 68000

MatthewLTL

I got Tiger on my MDD (as well as Leopard) just to play around on. Being that i never used Tiger for more than a few hours, I figured I'd get the feel of it. All my apps I use work (Most do) however there is a few programs that don't and I can no longer seem to find versions that do. Can anyone provide me to a place to get the following:

AIM (AOLs Legacy Downloads Mac version does not work on Tiger)
    Mactracker (Can't find a Tiger version anymore)
    BitTorrent is there a version of ANY torrent app that supports Magnet links?
    Paintbrush - The version I have does not work on Tiger

2. MatthewLTL, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2015

MatthewLTL thread starter macrumors 68000

MatthewLTL

IIRC both BitTorrent and Transmission do not have Magnet link support in Tiger

That version of AIM is the last version to have PPC support however it only works on Leopard hence why i asked where to find an older one.

Attached Files:

3. poiihy macrumors 68020

poiihy

4. julianod20 macrumors newbie

I use Vuze on my Tiger, for me is the one that worked best. I had some issues with Transmission with my router, but Vuze is fine.

5. poiihy macrumors 68020

poiihy

There were two versions on that page and they both are supposed to work on Tiger. If not then it is wrong and they need to fix it. Did you try both versions?

6. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

Vuze is pretty hateful last time I ran it. Written in Java and ran badly even on an Intel Mac.

Transmission on the other hand is most excellent.

7. MatthewLTL thread starter macrumors 68000

MatthewLTL

The 2nd version is 13 years old....

Does anyone know if you can have Facebook and AIM connected with iChat in Tiger?

8. MatthewLTL thread starter macrumors 68000

MatthewLTL

does anyone here have a problem with YouView not playing Video in Tiger?

9. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

Ah, a competing thread with my OS 9 one. Actually this is good because my TiBook has Tiger. As you know, Leopard stops support of OS 9 integration.

I've noticed there are a lot of programs that require Leopard as the minimum OS. I'm not sure why that is but that seems to be the case.

10. MatthewLTL thread starter macrumors 68000

MatthewLTL

I actually didn't even think about your OS9 thread when i was writing this one.
    MOST everything works that I try. Not sure the cause of YouView not working but IIRC It didn't play video with Tiger when i was trying the 200GB SATA Drive i have either.

QuickTime Enabler also don't work (probably due to the fact Software Update installed QuickTime 7.6) which DOES NOT seem to work with Perian. I'll have to enter my serial for AppZapper on Tiger and uninstall QT than use the Install DVD to reinstall.

Does anyone know where to find a copy of OS9? the version I can download is for a iMac and it appears it does not work by simply putting the System folder on the Tiger HD (have to have it on an external drive) for the Classic Environment to even see it.