Programs keep crashing...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hypervish89, Apr 20, 2011.

1. hypervish89 macrumors regular

Recently, a few of my programs have been crashing. Not sure where to start diagnosing the issue, I was a windows guy up until last year, when i switched to mac.
    I upgraded to 8gb of ram a month or two ago, but the issue with the programs crashing just started a few day's ago.

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

RAM can fail, I'd run the apple hardware test or rember/memtest.

3. hypervish89 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, i just ran remeber. Here's the text file. I think the ram is fine. Anything else... Should i upload the log file...

Attached Files:

4. snaky69 macrumors 603

Take the disc that came in the box of your mac, stick it in the optical drive, reboot her while pressing D, run the extended hardware test. If this still shows up as fine, I don't know what to tell you except maybe a file or two got corrupted at some point, could be a bad hard drive.

5. hypervish89 thread starter macrumors regular

I just reset the smc and pram... it seems much faster, and no programs have crashed yet!! if something does crash, i'll be sure to update the thread.

6. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

If that doesn't resolve it there may be a connection to something recently installed- have you recently installed any software, utilities, etc.?

The other thing to look at is what programs specifically are crashing? Because I go through time periods where Word will crash until they update it then it behaves great until another update which then starts crashing which of course requires yet another update...a vicious cycle which keeps programmers in business of course!:rolleyes:

Good luck

7. hypervish89 thread starter macrumors regular

No new programs installed recently... Various programs have crashed, such as vlc, a pref. menu in system preferences, final cut pro, adobe premiere, handbrake, etc.

It's been a few hours, since i reset the smc and pram and it seems to be perfect now. I can't believe how much faster it is.

8. brentsg macrumors 68030

9. hypervish89 thread starter macrumors regular

No, not yet as I haven't had a single application crash after resetting the smc and pram.