Programs not working right.

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by MatthewLTL, Jan 22, 2015.

1. MatthewLTL macrumors 68000

MatthewLTL

I have a eMac G4. I ran i for over a year before i got a new windows computer. My windows computer died so i brought my eMac out of my retirement for the time being. Being in storage the Leopard install ran slow. So i wiped the drive and did a fresh install of Tiger. Here are the problems:

YouView no longer works. It opens but i cannot load any videos at all.
    WeatherBug Alert - No longer works. I cannot even select my location in the program. I have even reinstalled it. It loads and works i just cannot change my location it is stuck on "WeatherBug HQ" in Germantown, MD.

NOTE: THE WEATHERBUG ALERT IS ON THE SYSTEM BAR BY THE CLOCK. IT IS NOT WEATHERBUG Lite IE the widget.... That works fine.

2. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Make sure you got the new YouView 0.5.1 update.

3. MatthewLTL thread starter macrumors 68000

MatthewLTL

I did. I got the update whle it was still running Leopard. It still didnt work then. the QuickTime Enabler TFF addon also didnt work. MacTubes' QuickTime player option also didnt work. MacTubes on Leopard worked fine on with HTML5 setting whereas MacTubes on Tiger works perfect on QuickTime but lags on HTML5

4. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Did you fully wipe the drive with Disk Utility or do some sort of archive and install? Are you running the latest 10.4.11 update for PowerPC?

5. MatthewLTL thread starter macrumors 68000

MatthewLTL

I chose the "Erase and Install" option on the Tiger Install DVD. Yes it has been updated with ALL updates

6. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose