Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The.316

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
25100 GR
I am running Lion off of an Intel 320 SSD, which replaced my optical drive. When I try and open up a movie from my downloads or from one of my external drives, it takes a few seconds to load. The same thing happens if I want to open up a picture I have on my desktop. For example, I opened up a picture, the Preview app would bounce up and down in the dock for about five seconds, then it would open up. Any thoughts?

stefan1975

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
i just installed a 320m 160gb in my mbp2010. i did a clean install and formatted it hfs+ extended with journalling. i did not enable the TRIM hack since the jury isn't out yet if it works well on this SSD. On my MBP it runs really well, i have no delays whatsoever, apps and preview start in just one bounce.

anything in the log files perhaps? are you on 2gb RAM? I upgraded to 8gb with the SSD and it really helps. lion loves ram. also if it is in a mbp it might be some driver problem, the 2011 intel drivers and the 2010 nvidia drivers in lion have *serious* issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.