Programs to Create Video Presentations?

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by Koontzy, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Koontzy macrumors newbie

Look for something that I can use to create video presentation. I would prefer free. Wanting to be able to put pictures and videos together. Also would like to be able to put video of me talking, with pictures from my trip behind me while I talk. I heard their was a program where you can change the background to green and then put pics and stuff behind the person.

Anything I could use?

thanks!

2. simsaladimbamba

iMovie can do all of that, even the green screen stuff (where you sit in front of a hopefully well lit green or blue screen and then the green or blue gets replaced by whatever you want). It comes free with every new Mac since the dawn of iMovie.

Example, very bad one:
    [​IMG]

3. Koontzy thread starter macrumors newbie

can Imovie do it where you have a differant background and change the background to a pic or something? I dont have a blue or green screen available. Also I dont think Imovie came with my macbook, or I cant find it anywhere...

4. simsaladimbamba

No, for that you need more complicated software to manually mask a video and change the background. Motion can do that, but might be a bit hard to learn.
    You could always get some green cloth and put it 1 or 2 metres behind you on a wall, just keep it straight without wrinkles. It should also be in a well lit place, light coming from above and light coming from the front/side (to not through shadows on the screen) and to light you too.
    That might be more cost and time effective than masking every shot and animating those masks for every video you make.