Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chunkdude

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2007
so ive got a SR macbook, 2.2, 160, 2 gigs of ram. ever since i got it, programs have been crashing quite often. theres no build up to it and it doesnt drag it out like windows does, ill do some sort of command, whether it be open, save, or sometimes even after selecting quit, and the program will dissappear and i will get the window saying it quit unexpectedly.

it has happened with microsoft word, illustrator, preview, mozilla, some dvd ripping program, safari, and a few others.

this happen to anyone else? for a brand new system thats supposed to be more stable than a pc, im kind of dissapointed in what im seeing so far.

cptpower

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2007
Calgary, AB
weird; nothing I've ever seen, though that doesn't mean that it has never happened to anyone else.

Running Leopard I assume?

Any third-party apps installed?

Jiddick ExRex

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2006
Roskilde, DK
Try taking out one of the ram sticks(or both and replace them with the Apple ones if you bought them from third-party) and see if it helps. Apps shutting down might be ram-related. If this doesn't fix it, maybe try booting from an external hard drive and see if the problem pertains. If it does, try a reinstall. If it does again, it's time to call AC!

joegomolski

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2006
So CA
Programs unexpectedly quitting

I have also seen this problem.

I believe that it can happen when a file is corrupted.

You'll never find the corrupted file.

At this point the best recommendation is to reinstall OSX. Do an erase and install, and then reinstall your software. The problem, I think is not going to be in your data files.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.