Progress bar freeze when restoring 3GS to custom 3.1.2

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Storm Shadow, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Storm Shadow macrumors regular

I have been running jailbroken 3.1.2 for a while now. It is untethered and my baseband is 05.11.07.

I am wanting to sell my 3GS so need to restore it but keep the jailbreak. Using PwnageTool 3.1.5 i made a custom version of firmware 3.1.2 however if I try and restore using it through DFU mode I get an error 1600.

If I try and restore using it through normal restore mode, the progress bar gets almost to the end and then stops moving. I've left it for quite a while and nothing changes.

Any help would be appreciated.

I don't want to upgrade to jailbroken 3.1.3 because I want to unlock it.

2. Storm Shadow thread starter macrumors regular

I'm now getting an error 1611 when I try to restore.
    :(:(

3. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Your SHSH on file and did you edit your hosts file to point to Saurik? If not, you can't restore to anything but 3.1.3.

4. Storm Shadow thread starter macrumors regular

Whenever I opened up cydia it would say at the top that there were SHSH on file for 3.1.2 and 3.1.3. Is that right?

The hosts thing? Is that editing /etc/hosts/ to point itunes to Saurik's server?

5. Storm Shadow thread starter macrumors regular

I'm now trying to restore to a custom 3.1.3 and still getting ERROR 1611.

Is this a battery low error or something else?

If I was to just restore to the Apple Standard 3.1.3 would I be able to jailbreak? Would it just be unlocking that I wouldnt be able to do??

ALSO, would it matter if there was a non-iPhone sim in the phone?