Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SwiftLives

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 7, 2001
Charleston, SC
We're a small marketing firm. <10 people. And we're looking for some sort of project or task management solution that we can implement.

Currently, we have a sheet of paper that account reps fill out to assign tasks.

I'd like to switch us to a web-based solution - primarily so we can have access to tasks when we're working remotely. And to save some money on ink cartridges.

We absolutely cannot afford anything that's going to cost more than $250/year. (Total. Not per user.)

We have close to a dozen clients. And we can easily have about 40-50 tasks a week. Most of them are last minute. So we need to be able to generate & assign tasks fairly quickly.

Ideally, I want a way to customize the task assignment process - so the account representatives are required to fill out certain information. (i.e. size, color, date, deadline.)

Does this sound like something that exists?

greyzisser

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2012
Teamwork

Hi we have been using an on line program called Teamwork PM and it is great. We have also used Toodledo and loved that as well.

SwiftLives

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 7, 2001
Charleston, SC
Hi we have been using an on line program called Teamwork PM and it is great. We have also used Toodledo and loved that as well.

Teamwork PM won't work for us since it limits the number of projects. Toodledo is also pretty expensive per user. Did you have a license per user for that one? Or just a few?

Jira and Podio are the two that we're really considering right now.

nands

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2012
If you are looking for something simple to use that works right out of your email inbox, you can give GrexIt (http://grexit.com) a try. Most of the customer communications happens inside your email inboxes. It makes sense to do Manage projects and tasks right from there.

Your team will not have to spend time learning a new tool as it integrates with email seamlessly.

jlc1978

macrumors 603
Aug 14, 2009
Would google tasks work with a shared or common calendar?

Like the doxie.

Richa Shaily

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2013
Project Management App

If you are looking for a Project Management app that meets your needs without escalating the budget, then Project Planning Pro will be the right choice.
The app is available on iOS, Windows and Android platform.

You can first give a try to the free version of the app to understand its working. Once you are satisfied, you can get hold of the paid version at $19.99 giving you unlimited access to the app.

The app has won the prestigious "BestAppEver Award" and enjoys a 4+ star rating in the app store.

gabijab

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2014
Hello,

i suggest you take a look on Eylean board. This tool is very easy to use and provides you with great metrics. What is more, this tool is based on the scrum and kanban methodologies. It will help you track status of current tasks, plan time and provide you reports for quick and easy analysis. Eylean will allow you to devote more time on daily tasks. This tool is not free but at least you can give it a try and download trial version on page eylean.com. So try it and you will see you like it or not :)

citizenzen

macrumors 68000
Mar 22, 2010
Trello is the way to go. Super easy to use, very flexible, web-based, and free.

I love Trello.

But then I found Pintask, which is like a sexier Trello (and allows you to import your Trello boards).

I'm currently using both, waiting for the dominant player to emerge.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.