Project only a portion of the screen

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by prnoct90, Sep 4, 2008.

1. prnoct90 macrumors regular

Is there a way that I can project only a portion of the screen on my projector? Like if there is a video box, can I select just the pixels that make up that video box to show on the projector?

2. darkcurse macrumors 6502a

darkcurse

Why would you want to do that as opposed to showing the video in fullscreen? I don't know whether it can be done or not, but the closest thing to emulate it that I can think of is to zoom in on the particular area of the screen you're interested in using "CTRL + Scroll"

3. jsgrabo macrumors regular

are talking about about like youtube or a movie embedded in a website type of thing?

if its a standalone movie like an mpg, you can open it in quicktime and "present" the movie to the projector.

Command + Shift "f"

then you can put the movie on your projector

4. prnoct90 thread starter macrumors regular

No, im actually trying to watch a youtube playlist on my projector, but everytime it goes to the next video it goes out of fullscreen mode. So, I was trying to find a way were I wouldn't have to keep clicking the full screen button.

5. Lau Guest

It looks like darkcurse has got the best suggestion then – if you zoom in on the screen using the keyboard, it'll reflect that on the projector. (I think!)

Full screen YouTube is just zoomed in anyway, so you won't lose any quality.