Project youtube clip on wall in iMovie

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macman312, Jan 26, 2012.

1. macman312 macrumors 6502

Hi

So I am editing a video for a friend and he wants a video clip to be "projected" on a wall next to him and I was wondering how to do that in iMovie '11? anyone know??

2. saberahul macrumors 68040

I could be wrong but I do not think you can. I think you need more of a professional software for that.

3. macman312 thread starter macrumors 6502

Do you know how to do it in final cut? I could possibly borrow a friends computer with that installed?

4. saberahul macrumors 68040

Nope, sorry. I do little video editing so never bothered to try out the advanced softwares out there. I'm sure someone here would be able to walk you step by step.

5. Ifti macrumors 68000

So your friend is talking, and you want another video inside the first video, so it's next to him? Kind of like a news reader?

If so, iMovie can do that easily. You need to enable advanced tools, then drop second video from the events folder on top of the video in the project (the one of him talking), and a sub menu will pop up, and you select picture in picture. You can then change the size and location of the second video to look like it is next to him.