PROJECT ZEN and Bestbuy, NEW MBP???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Vyruz Reaper, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Vyruz Reaper macrumors regular

Another user in another thread posted that there is a PROJECT ZEN with 6 new SKUs along with it in the BB system. Also stated that BB is out of MBP at their wharehouse. I just wanted to talk specifically about it here. Feel free to contribute and speculate. I will try to find more info from a friend at BB.

6 SKU = low and high ends 13, 15, 17 = 6 new MBP

lets try to vindicate this info or just kick it to the trash:D

2. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

[​IMG]

How about throwing yourself in the can. This thread is useless.

3. jodr macrumors member

Two girls for every guy, a chicken in every garage, and a thread for every wild claim about new MBPs.

4. koolrosh macrumors newbie

koolrosh

Can we get just the bolded claims. Also make them hot if you can....

5. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

Errrrrrr he never posted a pic.. Also, this rumor is no more credible than any other.

Could it be that they have SKUs for the iPad? Gasp! 6 iPad models.

Keep it in the Arrandale thread.

6. Jakron macrumors newbie

i currently work at bestbuy... im going to validate this when i go in tomorrow.

while im hopeful that those would be the SKUs for the mbps, id just assume they are for the ipads.

for reference best buy currently carries 6 skus of mbps in store, (2) 13"s (3) 15" and (1) 17" models.

pps not that it matters but the current "out of stock date" is 6/30/10 for all the macbook pro models. that really doesn't mean anything but, thats when bestbuy figures itll be gone by

7. ccockerill macrumors newbie

If you can, try and snag a pic.

8. moocat macrumors member

Any of you best buy people have an update on this? :confused:

9. enberg macrumors regular

AFAIK, the iPads ain't FCC-approved yet. And they're gonna do a staggered release with 3 non-3g models first.

10. lokiju macrumors 6502

Well it's pretty simple to check and see if Best Buy actually does have any stock of the MBP's or not.

And they do FWIW.

11. shthap3ns macrumors newbie

You guys do realize this site is called MacRumors? This is a legitimate thread. I'm interested in seeing more BB employees validate this!

12. hackum macrumors regular

13. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

14. moocat macrumors member

maybe we could rephrase that like "it would be really nice if someone would provide pics so that we can confirm this is real". your demand would tempt me not to post pics if I was the BB employee.

15. smithmax13 macrumors member

it's a meme, along the lines of "I can tell it's photoshopped by the all the pixels."

16. SlowShutter macrumors newbie

BestBuy.com

I can say that I've been watching a few websites lately and BestBuy.com has been out of the 17in for the last 4 or 5 days. I can't say I've watched many of the other models as I'm looking for a new 17, but them being out is just another piece to this puzzle.

17. IVIission macrumors newbie

18. Bumble Bee macrumors member

Im not an employee but Cleveland has a couple of the 13" one of the 15" and zero of the 17"

19. Jakron macrumors newbie

ok im back, i have absolutely no "Project zen" listed in my system..

i do however have 8 skus, about a month or 2 old, listed as "Project Kay"

and a few other random skus wth "project something" as a title that are 8 months to a year old.

as of right now those 8 skus are listed under computers/mp3, not that it means anything, and its a slightly old sku.... sorry no pics..

but the main thing is. THERE IS NO PROJECT ZEN in our stores system... and def not 6 of them... sorry guys.

if you'd like a bright spot though.. they are on our "end of life" report.. so replacements are forthcoming but that just basically means, "within the next month or 2" im personally hoping for end of the month

20. Jakron macrumors newbie

oh and the only model that my store even remotely has issues getting are the 27" imacs... we have plenty of the rest in stock... so idk about the stock issue things. i have heard things from other bestbuys but our store seems to have no problem obtaining macbook pros, nor does ordering any seem to be an issue

21. moocat macrumors member

Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it... so I guess it points to what most of us all already suspect. Updates sometime this month or at worst next month...

22. Vyruz Reaper thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for the info man. Its nice to see that there are some people here who want to be productive rather than name calling other members and just wasting bandwidth with non informative posts