Projected iPad 2 Pricing?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ctoth666, Oct 26, 2012.

1. ctoth666 macrumors newbie

I've finally decided to enter the market for an iPad and I'm keen on the iPad 2, but the pricing has me curious. Apple will be dropping it soon altogether, but the price remains $399 + tax. It's now three generations old and has been succeeded by the iPad mini. I figure demand will be plummeting, but what about the price? If and when can I expect the price of the iPad 2 to come down?

2. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

It's 2 generations old, not 3.

3. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

Try the refurb store. I don't see the price coming down anytime soon. They're just dropping the iPad 3 altogether, not slotting it down to take the iPad 2's spot in the $399 price point. I think they'll keep it around for at least another year.

4. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

iPad 2 is still around and it's $399., look for the iPad 3 that was discontinued

5. twintin macrumors 6502

Here in Sweden brand new IPad 2s are now sold at same price as IPad mini by some of apples authorized resellers.

6. ctoth666 thread starter macrumors newbie

That's the sort of pricing I'm looking for. But this is Apple...

The iPad mini boasts all of the specs of the iPad 2 and has improved hardware and a few extras. I really feel that it should be priced less than the mini, but obviously they want to bump mini sales. They should at least be the same price now.

7. Markdek, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012

Markdek macrumors member

Who cares...I'm guessing, in the end, the iPad 2 will have a "supported" 3 (maybe even 4) year life span......and that's amazing for a mobile device by Apple.....this says it all

8. ctoth666 thread starter macrumors newbie

It is amazing. It's why I'm interested in it more-so than the 3 or 4 or mini. I know it dropped to $299 previously, and I was going to hold-out until it dropped that low again.

9. Markdek macrumors member

I didn't know it ever dropped to $299?...I bought mine in the spring for $399 when the iPad 3 came out....cheaper, lighter, thinner, and does what I wanted. I did not get the new cpu upgraded one.

If I was buying new now, I'd certainly look at the 4, the mini, the Nexus 7 (32gb), etc. But I'm still happy w/ the iPad 2.