Projecting an ipod touch screen onto an LCD Projector

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by onealc, Feb 22, 2008.

1. onealc macrumors member

Hi there, I'm going to be doing some training on using the Ipod touch for our university. I have the AV component cable set from apple, and want to project the whole ipod touch screen onto a large screen with my lcd projector. But, the component cables only let you project movies, not your actual interface screen, etc. Anyone know how I can do this? I want to maneuver through the whole interface and have it projected. HELP!

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Can't. Unless there is some sort of jailborken program.

TEG

3. MacDann macrumors 6502a

MacDann

Unless there's been something done on a jailbroken one, I doubt it.

How's about using a document camera for the interface part? That would work, although it wouldn't be perfect....

MacDann

4. mekopolis macrumors regular

yeah i encountered the same problem

hopefully the sdk will bring about a more open A/V cable output that will allow at least photos and music to be outputed

i am not sure that there is a jailbroken program, as i have not jailbroken myself...but my recommendation would be to either search for some software that could output (unlikely as of yet) or use a camera and pre-record the scenes you want...and playback the video

5. JesterJJZ macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

6. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

He stated before, that his phone had a special piece of hardware to allow it to be displayed on screen.

TEG