Projector for MBP

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by LadyX, Dec 30, 2013.

1. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

I'm looking for a mini projector that I can use to mirror what's on my MacBook. I'm not sure if such a thing exists but if I wanted to watch movies at night of course, outside on a flat surface like a wall for instance, how do I do that?

2. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

Depending on projector's capabilities...run an HDMI cable from MBP to the project. The MBP will likely adjust it screen to the max resolution of the projector. If the project does not have HDMI, it likely has old fashioned VGA port. For my rMBP I have a Thunderbolt to VGA adaptor into which I would plug in a VGA cable from the projector. My rMBP then lowers its resolution to match the project's resolution.

You can shop for a projector online at B&H, Amazon...etc. or visit stores such as MicroCenter, BestBuy, and office supply stories.

3. LadyX thread starter macrumors 68020

LadyX

Thank you. I would appreciate it if you could suggest some projectors, preferably one that needs an HDMI cable since I already have one.

4. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

I can't from personal knowledge. That are excellent units out there from Canon, Epson, and many others. Try CNET reviews for some ideas.