Projector Question

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by CRAIZEprince, Nov 13, 2010.

1. CRAIZEprince macrumors newbie

I have a question about projecting with my Macbook Pro:

In a couple of weeks i have to host some kind of music-game show for a big school project and i want to project the scores from the individual teams.

Now here lies the problem: how do i project only the full-screen/presentation mode of Microsoft Powerpoint (or another presentation app) ?

Thanks in Advance !!

2. Moodikar macrumors regular

Projector or scan line converter with "freeze"

I'm not sure how technical you are so I'll give you a couple of steps:

1 Create your scoreboard in powerpoint or keynote
    2 Connect your macbook pro to the projector and turn it on.
    3 If you see an extended Mac screen, goto "system preference" and select "Display".

3a) Make sure that the "Mirror" is selected (to have both the macbook and the projector show the same thing).
    3b) Make sure the resolution is 1024 x 768 (the native for most projectors)...note that your macbook pro display might look stretched and bit blurry. This is normal as this is not the native setting for the laptop. This will not harm your laptop.

4 Make the powerpoint/keynote presentation full screen (by pressing the button in the "Slideshow" button in powerpoint - bottom left, or "Play" button in keynote.

This should show your score. Now to change scores, this is the tricky part.

5 Use the projector "Freeze image" type button to freeze your image and then press "esc" to exit the slideshow mode. Don't forget to press"Freeze image" again to unfreeze.

6 Another way to freeze an image is that you can buy a scan line converter. That will also allow you to freeze and image.