Projector remote app, bluetooth?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by el-John-o, Mar 17, 2011.

1. el-John-o macrumors 65816

Hey all,

I wanted to know if anyone knows of a good PowerPoint remote app (or a "turn your iPhone into a mouse" app), that will work with Windows, and also work with Bluetooth? The situation here is the projector is attached to a Windows XP machine with no Wi-Fi, but I do have a spare bluetooth dongle. Obviously I could buy a Wi-Fi dongle but that's an additional cost I'd like to avoid if such an app exists!

-John

2. el-John-o thread starter macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I guess there aren't any.

3. Shenaniganz08 macrumors 6502

Jailbreak your phone install MiWi

Install Logitech Iphone mouse software on PC and iphone

have your laptop connect to the WIFI network made by MIWI

Ive done this for a few presentations at school already

4. el-John-o thread starter macrumors 65816

There is no Wi-Fi, otherwise I could use the multitude of Wi-Fi remote apps and just make an ad-hoc network. It's not a laptop either. Back in the day, there used to be these things we used to sit on our desks attached to monitors that weren't built in, we called them desktop computers or something silly like that :D Anyway, it's a lease return IBM workstation we bought to run this projector, very cheap and does everything we need it to do, but, no Wi-Fi. I'll probably buy a bonafide remote, but I figured if there was a nice bluetooth app I wouldn't have to! (As I said, I have a USB bluetooth dongle, so that would work.)

-John

5. Carlanga, Mar 17, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2011

Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

I believe webe++ (cydia app) is what you might be looking for...