Projector vs. LCD TV

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by coolant113, Nov 19, 2007.

1. coolant113 macrumors 6502

coolant113

I am not sre if this is the right place to post this but anyway.... I am not sure what to buy... I have my own den in my house and its a pretty good size.... i am debating wether or not to buy a HD Projector and project it onto the wall... or to buy like between a 30 and 52 inch lcd tv 1080p.... any suggestions???? Are there any down falls on each of them???? Also i am looking for a descent suround sound system to go along with them 200.00-350.00 any sugestions???

Thanks in advance!
    :apple::apple:

2. kajitox macrumors 6502a

kajitox

As for the TV options, the big thing to keep in mind is that the projector will only work best in low light. If you want a more contrasted, saturated, striking image, then go for a real TV. The advantage of a projector is that they can make it so you have a "massive screen." Honestly if you can afford it, go for the 52" TV, they're pretty mouthwatering.

For 200-350 you're not going to get top of the line by any means but check out some of the logitech stuff, they're decently priced if you check amazon and newegg you can find it for cheaper and they work very well, yet they aren't "home cinema" speakers, per se.

3. iMouseHD macrumors regular

The projector can not be beat for size and experience but as stated unless you can control all of the light in your room you may find it lacking the punch of a traditional. We have both, a 100incher for movies and sports in a windowless theater room and a 51inch for TV viewing in another room....if you can best of both worlds, if you can not, I would go with the traditional.