Promise Pegasus Storage over multiple MACs

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mzn50, Oct 11, 2012.

1. mzn50 macrumors newbie

Hi folks..Question if someone can assist me in getting this done

I picked up a 8TB Storage Solution hooked up via my iMac.. wowrks great and ultra fast.. Id like to be able to have my other 2 Macs on my Network back up via Time Machine to the Time Machine Logical Partition.. I can see the device via the other Macs.. but I cant get TimeMachine to offer it up as a Time Machine Disk option.. I see a NAS device on my Network which I used in the past so I know it can be done..

Can anyone assist me in steps to be taken ?.. I have a crap load of data and a total of 3 Macs to back up to and Im really hoping I can put my investment to good work !

thanks in Advance

iMac and Macs all running 10.8.2 Mountain Lion

Matt

2. DrakkenWar macrumors 6502

DrakkenWar

TimeMachine NAS backup

While out of the box you are technically not able to back up to a NAS via timemachine there are some work-arounds out there. While I have not had to do this myself just yet, after a bit of google-foo, this seems to be the most promising of those I have found:

http://code.stephenmorley.org/articles/time-machine-on-a-network-drive/

Like I said, I have not had a situation where I have needed to do this yet, so this is untested from me. So let us know if you give it a go, and how it goes.

~Good Luck,

3. mzn50 thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually Im moving away from my NAS to this 8TB DAS device.. Im just trying to find the trick to allow sharing and get TimeMachine to "SEE" the device on the other MAC and back up to it..

just cant figure it out

thanks for your input !

4. DrakkenWar macrumors 6502

DrakkenWar

Ah crap..

Sorry for that. Sometimes I glance when I should read more.:rolleyes: